Managing Data System Attributes
This article provides details on the types of Data System attributes that can be added or edited for use within Data Systems.
This article provides details on the types of Data System attributes that can be added or edited for use within Data Systems. The process for adding most attributes will be the same, so we will only walk through an example of adding a new Data System Destination.
For more information on Data Systems, you can also review the following articles:
- To learn more about how Data Systems work, refer to this article: Data Systems Overview
- For details on how to add a new Data System, refer to this article: Adding Data Systems
Data System Attribute Types
We currently support adding or editing the following types of attributes:
- Relationships: Relationship is for identifying the relationship of this data system in regards to your company. While you can add your own custom options as well, in most cases this will be set to one of the following predefined options:
· Controller: Legal or natural person, an agency, a public authority, or any other body who, alone or when joined with others, determines the purposes of any personal data and the means of processing it.
· Joint Controller: Third party data processor engaged by a Data Processor who has or will have access to or process personal data from a Data Controller.
· Processor: Legal or a natural person, agency, public authority, or any other body who processes personal data on behalf of a data controller.
· Sub-Processor: Two or more data controllers that jointly decide why and how to process personal data.
- Origins: Where does the data from the data system originates from.
- Destinations: Where the data is sent to and who the data is shared with.
- Processing Purposes: What the data in this system is used for.
- Processing Activities: The activities associated with the data in this system.
- Personal Data Categories: The types of personal data that are stored in the data system. You can add your own custom options, but we include the following predefined options as well:
· Credit/Payment Card Number: Credit, debit, or other payment card information.
· Date of Birth: The date of birth for a person.
· Government Identification: Government identification for a person, including driver licenses, passports, etc.
· Phone Number: A person’s home, business, or mobile telephone numbers.
· Postal Address: Postal addresses associated with a person.
· Email Address: A person’s personal and/or business email addresses.
· Name: The name of a person, including first name, last name, etc.
- Security Measures: The security measures that are in place to protect the data in this system.
- Contacts: The contacts at your company or other companies associated with this Data System.
Example: Adding a New Data System Destination
1. Click on the Global Settings drop-down menu and choose Data Systems.
2. Navigate to the Destinations tab. From here you can add, edit, and delete your Destinations.
3. Click Add Destination.
4. Give the destination a name (required) and description (optional.
5. Click OK.
Note: Destinations can also be added directly from the Data System wizard or when editing a Data System.
To learn more about adding a new Data System, refer to this article: Adding Data Systems