Integration & Automation Using Zapier
This article shows you how to feed data in and out of Concord using Zapier.
Overview of Steps
- A Zap is an automated workflow that connects your apps and services together. Every Zap consists of a trigger step and one or more action steps. When you turn your Zap on, it will run the action steps every time the trigger event occurs.
- A trigger is an event that starts a Zap. For example, a customer accepts the Terms of Service on your website or they opt-out of your email newsletter using your email marketing platform.
- An action is an event a Zap performs after it is triggered. For example, a Concord consent event is created when a user accepts the Terms of Service on your website.
- Zapier integrates with over 3,000 apps, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Slack, and Concord.
- In this article we will show you how to connect Concord with Zapier and return all new Compliance Requests (such as requests to change someone’s information).
Available Concord Actions and Triggers
Concord has created predefined triggers and actions to make integrating your consent and compliance data an easy process.
- New Consent Event
- New Compliance Request
- Add Consent Event
- Add Compliance Request
Basic Steps to Setting Up a New Integration in Zapier
- Create a new Zap.
- Choose whether or not you want to send data from Concord to another system or if you want to send data into Concord from a third party application. The Triggers and Actions will depend on the destination or source application. Triggers and Actions can be created for multiple systems that make sense to connect to Concord:
… and hundreds of others
3. Configure your new Zap
- Trigger: Concord or another trigger application.
- Action: Concord or another destination.
Example Zap: Concord Trigger to Slack Action
Initial Setup & Authentication
- From your Zapier home page, click Create Zap.
- Search for and select Concord.
3. If you haven’t already connected to Concord, click on Manage Connected Accounts. Note: You’ll also need to create your connection to the destination application, such as Slack.
4. Concord authentication requires an API key (see instructions) and the Concord Organization ID.
- Click Continue to set up your Concord trigger.
- If you wish to capture all Concord projects in the same Zap, just click Continue. If you wish to select a specific project, click on the drop-down arrows (righthand side of project selector) and then click on the Project tab. The list will be populated with all your available projects.
3. Zapier will require you to test the trigger.
Note: If you don’t already have existing compliance requests for the project(s) selected, it will return with “We couldn’t find a compliance request.” Just click “Continue.”
- Sending Slack messages is an effective way to monitor events from Concord. For example, sending a Slack message to a channel each time a compliance request event occurs.
2. Select Slack as the app event and connect to your Slack account. For the event select “Send Channel Message.”
3. Select the Slack channel you wish to send the compliance request event messages to and select the fields you’d like to include in the message such as “Request ID” and “Organization ID”.
4. Test your Zap and check Slack for the test event message.