Data Systems Overview
Data Systems allow you to easily add different data systems and attributes to your organization to help with data mapping, compliance documentation, and the handling of data privacy requests. Data Systems are not only a critical component when it comes to managing data privacy requests, but they are also essential to demonstrating regulatory compliance by providing a full picture of your organization's capture, processing, and usage of data .Concord provides 100+ out-of-the-box integrations to connect to, as well as the ability to add your own custom-built systems, and Data Systems can be used to:
- Identify the systems in your organization where personal data resides.
- Catalog and inventory all personal data across your organization.
- Associate data across sources with user identities for privacy request fulfillment.
For more information on how to setup and use Data Systems, refer to the information and articles below:
- For instructions on adding new Data Systems, refer to this article: Adding Data Systems.
- To learn about managing Data System attributes, refer to this article: Managing Data System Attributes.
- For information about connecting Data Systems and Projects, refer to this article: Connecting Data Systems to a Project.
Viewing Data System Details
- Click on the Global Settings drop-down menu and choose Data Systems.
From this screen, you will be able to view Data System details such as:
- Type: The type of system where data is stored.
- Name: The friendly name used to identify your data source in the Admin UI.
- Relationship: Relationship is for identifying the relationship of this data system in regards to your company. While you can add your own custom options as well, in most cases this will be set to one of the following predefined options:
· Controller: Legal or natural person, an agency, a public authority, or any other body who, alone or when joined with others, determines the purposes of any personal data and the means of processing it.
· Joint Controller: Third party data processor engaged by a Data Processor who has or will have access to or process personal data from a Data Controller.
· Processor: Legal or a natural person, agency, public authority, or any other body who processes personal data on behalf of a data controller.
· Sub-Processor: Two or more data controllers that jointly decide why and how to process personal data.
- Status: Active, Test, Archived.
- Date Created: When this Data System was created.
- Date Updated: When this Data System was last updated.
2. To view additional details, click on the + to the left of your desired Data System.
This expanded view will display further Data System details such as:
- Organization ID: The identifier for the organization this system belongs to.
- Data System ID: The identifier for this particular system.
- Origins: Where does the data from the data system originates from.
- Destinations: Where the data is sent to and who the data is shared with.
- Processing Purposes: What the data in this system is used for.
- Personal Data Categories: The types of personal data that are stored in the data system. You can add your own custom options, but we include the following predefined options as well:
· Credit/Payment Card Number: Credit, debit, or other payment card information.
· Date of Birth: The date of birth for a person.
· Government Identification: Government identification for a person, including driver licenses, passports, etc.
· Phone Number: A person’s home, business, or mobile telephone numbers.
· Postal Address: Postal addresses associated with a person.
· Email Address: A person’s personal and/or business email addresses.
· Name: The name of a person, including first name, last name, etc.
- Security Measures: The security measures that are in place to protect the data in this system.
- Contacts: The contacts at your company or other companies associated with this Data System.
- Retention: How long data is held in this system by default.
- Cross Border: If data in this system is sent outside of your country.
- Additional Notes: Any additional details associated with this Data System.